Post Divorce Enforcement (Contempt)

When a party fails to comply with a Court Order requiring requiring alimony or child support payments or to follow an Order relating to custody or parenting time, the remedy is to file a contempt action to have a judge enforce the Court Order. If the Court finds a party in willful contempt, that party can be ordered to cooperate or comply with the order, be incarcerated, and/or pay the other party’s attorneys’ fees.

Amy and Alyson have significant experience representing clients seeking the enforcement of prior orders, and in defending clients facing a Motion for Contempt filed by a former spouse.

Our Family Law Attorneys